This website is run by Royal Leamington Spa Town Council. We regard your privacy as important and comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We process and hold information in order to provide public services. This notice explains how we use and share your information. Information may be collected on a paper or online form, by telephone, email, CCTV or by a member of our staff, or one of our partners.
Using our website
We record personal information if you:
- subscribe to or apply for services that require personal information,
- report a fault and give your contact details for us to respond,
- contact us and leave your details for us to respond.
Why we collect information
We collect and hold information about you, in order to:
- deliver public services
- confirm your identity to provide some services
- contact you by post, email or telephone
- understand your needs to provide the services that you request
- understand what we can do for you and inform you of other relevant services and benefits
- obtain your opinion about our services
- update your customer record
- help us to build up a picture of how we are performing at delivering services
- prevent and detect fraud and corruption in the use of public funds
- allow us to undertake statutory functions efficiently and effectively
- make sure we meet our statutory obligations.
How we use your information
We will only use any personal information you send us for the purposes for which you provide it. We will only hold your information for as long as necessary. All employees who have access to your personal data and are associated with the handling of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your data. All your communications to us are protected against unauthorised access by third parties.
The Council tries to keep the information we have about you accurate and up to date. If, however, you find errors or inaccuracies in your data, we will erase, complete or amend that information upon request. Our contact details are below.
We will process your information for the following purposes:
- for the service you requested, and to monitor and improve the council’s performance in responding to your request.
- to allow us to be able to communicate and provide services and benefits appropriate to your needs.
- to ensure that we meet our legal obligations.
- where necessary for the law enforcement functions.
- to prevent and detect fraud or crime.
- To process relevant financial transactions including grants and payments for goods and services supplied to the Council
- where necessary to protect individuals from harm or injury.
- to allow the statistical analysis of data so we can plan the provision of services.
We may need to pass your information to other people and organisations that provide the service. These providers are obliged to keep your details securely, and use them only to fulfil your request. If we wish to pass your sensitive or confidential information onto a third party, we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do so. We may disclose information to other partners where it is necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under the Data Protection Act.
Where we need to disclose sensitive or confidential information to other partners, we will do so only with your prior explicit consent or where we are legally required to. We may disclose information when necessary to prevent risk of harm to an individual.
Protecting your information
- Information will be protected against unauthorised access.
- Confidentiality of information will be assured.
- Integrity of information will be maintained.
- Regulatory and legislative requirements will be met.
- Information security training will be available to all staff.
- All breaches of information security, actual or suspected, will be reported to, and investigated by the Information Security Officer.
You may write to Royal Leamington Spa Town Council, Town Hall, The Parade, Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 4AT to ask for a copy of your information. We will respond within forty days.
We will continually review and update this privacy notice to reflect changes in our services and feedback from service users, as well as to comply with changes in the law.